2020 Stock Up for Summer Campaign
Each year, Wilkinson Center’s Food Pantry experiences a decrease in both donations and volunteers during the Summer months, but summer is the worst season for child hunger. One in four children in Dallas is food insecure. Many children rely on school for consistent, nutritious meals, but in the summer the school meals disappear. These food insecure children are sick more often and have lower rates of high school graduation.
Wilkinson Center’s Food Pantry is a critical lifeline for children in food insecure homes.
Stock Up for Summer is Wilkinson Center’s response to children living in food insecure households. Wilkinson Center is committed to meeting this need. In an effort to prepare to serve the hungry during the Summer months, we are going to Stock Up for Summer from March 11th through July 31st.
Here is how you can help to feed our families, children, and seniors!
Goal: 20,000 pounds
Most needed items: cereal, canned fruit, spaghetti noodles, macaroni and cheese, jelly, canned soup, canned vegetables, spaghetti sauce, tuna, rice, beans
- Conduct a food drive and be a Food Pantry Champion
- Assemble kits for our clients (hygiene, snack packs, etc.)
- Conduct a drive to collect infant items (diapers, formula, etc.)
- Create a competition among departments, locations, or schools
- Ask a company to match your gift
Be an individual sponsor. Here is how you can help:
- $1000- Provides meals for 100 kids for a week, $500- Stocks the pantry shelves with food staples for 1 week, $250- Provides lunch for 30 Seniors, $100- Provides snack kits for 15 kids, $50- Provides food for 1 family for a week
- Collect monetary donations at Vacation Bible School, team events, birthday parties, and other events
Goal: 350 Hours
- Volunteer during one of our Pack the Pantry days. Click to sign up https://signup.com/go/kbfwkwz
- Schedule your own volunteer days (up to 8 people at a time)
- During one volunteer shift, between 50 and 75 families will be served