Wilkinson Center provides food assistance using a Client-Choice model where families select food items and receive an amount based on their family’s household size. Families receive fresh produce, dry goods, protein, and perishable items. New families will do an intake and update their eligibility every six months. Families can visit the Pantry once a month.
- Food Pantry Service hours are Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 PM; and Tuesday from – 12:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- We serve families living in the following zip codes: 75204, 75206, 75217, 75214, 75223, 75226, 75227, 75228, and 75246.
- The head of household will need to bring a picture ID and proof of address, such as a utility bill or lease.
- If you need additional information or have questions, please call 972-284-0377.
Pantry2Go is a mobile food truck that distributes food to families that otherwise would not have access to the Food Pantry. Pantry2Go distributes produce, shelf-stable, and perishable items.
The current distribution locations are:
- George Truett Elementary School (open to parents at the school)
- Dallas College West Dallas Center (pending)
Pre-registration is required for both locations.
If you are interested in having Pantry2Go at your location, please contact Brenisha Wright at 972-284-0374.
The Senior’s program consists of Senior Lunch and Learns, People and Nutrition (PAN), and Financial Coaching. Available to seniors ages 60 and over. There are no zip code restrictions for senior programming, and open to Dallas County residents.
- Senior Lunch and Learns are monthly workshops on topics based on interests and needs. Guest speakers present information while seniors enjoy a light lunch and gain valuable resources.
- People and Nutrition (PAN) provide an additional 28 pounds of food per month. Seniors will need to meet income guidelines set by the USDA.
- Financial coaching is available to help seniors with budgeting, introduction to banking products, connection to resources, and goal setting. Coaching sessions are provided one-on-one, and the client sets goals.
To enroll in the Senior’s program, please contact Myra Collins at 972-284-0375.
Benefits Screening and Referrals
Wilkinson Center is a Texas Community Partner and assists individuals with applying for government benefits such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), and Medicaid. Food pantry staff can also connect families with additional emergency and stabilization resources.
Individuals can call the food pantry to schedule an appointment.