BE A WILKINSON CENTER VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are vital to the success of Wilkinson Center. Through their time and effort volunteers act as partners to our organization and assist in our goal to provide quality programs and services to our clients. Individuals or small groups may sign up for volunteer assignments in our various programs including: food and emergency services adult education, and family enhancement programs. Please contact us for corporate and large group projects or any other volunteer questions.
We are always in need of non-perishable food, as well as toilet tissue, paper towels, diapers and formula!
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9AM to noon
Tuesday: 1PM – 4PM
- Description: Greet clients, help them shop for food and restock shelves. Call to see if there is some availability for you or your group!
Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Days: 2nd and 4th Monday of each month from 1 to 2:30 PM
- Description:Need donations of lunch for 25 seniors who attend each session; need volunteer speakers to give a 45 minute presentation on a topic of interest to seniors (exercise, finances, wills, etc.)
Special Events Volunteer Opportunities
- Can Do Luncheon (spring)
- White Party (June)
- Spirit of Taos (fall)
- Turkey Drive and Distribution (November)
- Toy Drive and Distribution (December)
Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Hold a food/essential items drive and deliver/stock your donation at our food pantry
- Mock interviews with CareerWorks students
- English vocabulary exercises with ESL students
- Bring a group of 5 to help clients shop in our food pantry
- Conduct a workshop for our clients at our Family Education Center
- Assist with a cleaning/organizing event at the food pantry or adult education site
If you’re interested in volunteering with Wilkinson Center contact Laura Ingrim by filling out the application below:
(The application does not guarantee a volunteer position with Wilkinson Center)