BE A WILKINSON CENTER VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are a vital part of Wilkinson Center’s success. Through their time and effort, volunteers assist in our goal to provide quality programs and services to our clients. Individuals or small groups may sign up for volunteer assignments in our various programs including: food and support services, adult education, events, and our drives and distributions. Please contact us for corporate and large group projects or any other volunteer questions.
We are always in need of non-perishable food, as well as toilet tissue, hygiene products, diapers, and formula!
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:45AM to Noon, Tuesday: 12:45PM – 4PM
- Description: Greet clients, help them shop for food, and restock shelves. We can accommodate groups of up to 6 people. Minimum age to volunteer is 10 with a supervising adult. Call to check availability for you or your group!
Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Days: 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 12:45PM to 2:30PM
- Description: Need donations of lunch for 25 seniors who attend each session; need volunteer speakers to give a 45 minute presentation on a topic of interest to seniors (exercise, finances, wills, etc.); need volunteers who can help set up the room and serve food to the seniors.
Special Events Volunteer Opportunities
- Can Do Luncheon (spring)
- Adult Education Graduation (summer)
- Carlin Morris Shoe Drive and Distribution (summer)
- Spirit of Taos (fall)
- Turkey Drive and Distribution (November)
- Toy Drive and Distribution (December)
Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Hold a food/essential items drive and deliver/stock your donation at our food pantry
- Mock Interviews with Adult Education students
- English vocabulary exercises with ESL students
- Bring a group of 6 volunteers to help clients shop in our Food Pantry
- Assist with a cleaning/organizing event at the Food Pantry or adult education site
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Stock Up for Summer
Support this annual campaign by volunteering at our Food Pantry! Our goal is to add 350 hours of volunteer service between April and July. Come serve on a Pack the Pantry Day by signing up here:
If you’re interested in volunteering with Wilkinson Center contact Laura Ingrim by filling out the application below:
(The application does not guarantee a volunteer position with Wilkinson Center)