BE A WILKINSON CENTER VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are vital to the success of Wilkinson Center. Through their time and effort volunteers act as partners to our organization and assist in our goal to provide quality programs and services to our clients. Individuals or small groups may sign up for volunteer assignments in our various programs including: food and emergency services adult education, and family enhancement programs. Please contact us for corporate and large group projects or any other volunteer questions.
Adult Education Tutors
- Days: Days, Monday – Thursday
- Location: Eastfield College (Pleasant Grove), and other locations in East and Southeast Dallas
- Description: Tutor GED and English as a Second Language learners in reading, math and writing.
We are always in need of non-perishable food, as well as toilet tissue, paper towels, diapers and formula!
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9AM to noon
Tuesday: 1PM – 4PM
- Description: Greet clients, help them shop for food and restock shelves. Call to see if there is some availability for you or your group!
Some Wilkinson Center’s administrative/office support is on an ‘as needed’ basis. Check in often for updated volunteer needs!
- Days open: Monday – Thursday: 10AM – 5PM; Friday: 9AM – 1PM
- Location: Administrative Office (Uptown Dallas)
- Description: Provide office support based on the needs of the admin office, including: filing, data entry, organization, as well as project-based activities.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Mock interviews with CareerWorks students
- Help CareerWorks shop for interview attire
- English vocabulary exercises with ESL students
- Hold a food/essential items drive and deliver/stock your donation at our food pantry
- Bring a group of 5 to help clients shop in our food pantry
- Conduct a workshop for our clients at our Family Education Center
- Special Events: Can Do Luncheon (May), White Party (June), Spirit of Taos (October), Turkey Drive and Distribution (November), Toy Drive and Distribution (December)
Contact Bob Munro, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in volunteering with Wilkinson Center please fill out the application below:
(The application does not guarantee a volunteer position with Wilkinson Center)